Natural Blue Sodalite
Sodalite is typically a deep blue mineral that gets its name from its sodium content.
Sodalite was first discovered in Greenland in 1806 and it was later used as an ornamental stone in 1891, when large deposits of gem quality material were found in Ontario, Canada.
Apart from blue, Sodalite can be grey, yellow, orange or pink. However, for gemstone use, Sodalite is typically blue , and often has white veins running through it.
Sodalite is also sometimes sold as "Alomite", "Blue Stone" and "Ditroite".
Sodalite; Origin and Gemstone Sources
Sodalite is found in Brazil (Bahia), Greenland, India, Canada (Ontario), Namibia, Russia (the Urals) and the USA (Montana).
Sodalite Gemstone Mythology, Metaphysical and Alternative Crystal Healing Powers
Sodalite is said to bring logic, inner peace, and calming energy.
It is also believed to protect its wearer from negative energy and to help those who wear it to see the positive sides of others
Sodalite Gemstone jewelry Care and Cleaning
Sodalite is considered to be fairy tough, but it is also fairly soft at 5.5 to 6 on the Mohs scale.
It's softer than many gemstones, but with care, jewelry and ornaments can last for many generations.
Sodalite can be quite sensitive to strong pressure, high temperatures and harsh household chemicals and cleaners.
Avoid exposing Sodalite to bleach or sulphuric acid.
Most Sodalite can be cleaned using warm, soapy water, but some dyed materials may not be stable.
Wipe down stones using only a soft cloth and be sure to rinse well to remove any soapy residue.
Always remove any Sodalite gems or jewelry before exercising, playing sports or engaging in vigorous household chores.
When storing your Sodalite gemstones, store them separately from other gems and jewelry to prevent scratches and fractures.
- Package Includes: 1 Strand of Sodalite Gemstone Loose Beads (Approx. 15.5 inches / 48~50 pcs).
- Material: AAA Top Quality 100% Natural Dark Sodalite Stone ❤ Comes with RUBYCA easy zip Bag
- Size: 8mm ❤ Color: Mixed ❤ Stones are unique and may vary from the one shown in the picture
- AAA Grade Beads, Smooth, Nice Polished, and perfectly cut, great supplies for your DIY beaded jewelry
- Fully Drilled Semi-Precious Gem-Stone Beads are Perfect for Necklace, Pendant, Bracelet and Earrings